North Cruise Update

Ahoy! From your Rear Commodore, BJ Christensen . . .

DATES: Sunday, July 10, 2022, through Saturday, July 30, 2022

Come join us for a long-awaited northern cruise to Desolation Sound.  This year we are planning on splitting the cruise into two parts: Leg 1 will include several ports in the Gulf Islands for those wanting to stay more local and Leg 2 will continue on to Desolation Sound.

Chesapeake Shores Sunset GIF by Hallmark Channel - Find & Share on GIPHY
Come join us!

Leg 1:

  • July 10th – Sydney for customs and provisioning (or July 9th and 10th for 2 nights)
    Group gathering at the tent for appetizers and cocktails
  • July 11th – Montague Harbor for 1 night
    Dinner at local restaurant
  • July 12th – Silva Bay for 1 night
    Weather permitting, social hour
  • July 13th – Far Winds Schooner Cove Marina for 2 nights
    Golf and dinner at local restaurant

Additional ports will be arranged for folks once we have determined the number of boats returning home at this point. Possible ports could include Telegraph Harbor, Ganges, Bedwell Harbor. We can adjust ports and length of stay based on participants preferences.

Leg 2:

  • July 14th Hornby Island
  • July 15th Comox
  • July 16th Lund
  • July 17th-18th Grace Harbor (on hook)
  • July 19th – July 20th Refuge Cove
  • July 21st -July 22nd Prideaux Haven/Melanie Cove (on hook)
  • July 23rd – July 24th Gorge Harbor

Activities will be arranged for these locations as well. Dates flexible for return home.  We would like to meet with folks who are going on this leg to determine our return trip, we can go down the Eastern side or the Western side of the Strait of Georgia. The Eastern side could include Powell River, Pender Harbor or Secret Cove, then cross to Nanaimo, Ganges or Telegraph Harbor, then home.

A few things you need to consider:

  • Canada is encouraging boaters entering Canada to use the ArriveCAN app, so please plan on downloading and installing this onto your phones, laptop, or computer.
  • Currently Canada is requiring proof of vaccination along with a negative molecular COVID test within 72 hours of planned entry for each person (antigen tests are not accepted).  There may be other Covid tests available such as Lucira, we will continue to research options and requirements and stay abreast of Canada Covid policy changes.

If we haven’t already heard from you, please let us know if you are going to join us for Leg 1, Leg 2, or both.  This will help us fine tune ports and length of stay in each of the legs.          

Hope you can join us and looking forward to hearing from you.

Your joint Cruise Directors,

~Pete and BJ Christensen

2022 Rear Commodore(s)

Pete and BJ Christensen


Leave a Reply