Purpose of Lopez Island Yacht Club
The purpose of the Lopez Island Yacht Club is to promote family boating recreation in all its phases, including racing, boating etiquette, safety on the water, improving the marine organizations having comparable goals, as well as advancing fellowship among people interested in boat and boating.
Membership is open to all boaters who agree to uphold the purpose of the organization and who are willing to the obligations of membership. The sequence of events for becoming a member shall be as follows:
1. Prospective members shall make written application to the club’s Governing Board on forms provided by the club, accompanied by an initiation fee ($125) and the current year’s dues ($50). The application shall have signatures from three current members in good standing recommending membership in the club.
2. The prospective members shall provide current photographs (or jpeg) for publication in the club’s newsletter. (Please send a digital image of at least 1200 pixels or up to 2MB in .jpeg or .png format directly to the Web Master for use in our newsletter publication).
3. Following application for membership, the names and photographs of the prospective members shall be published in the club newsletter or by other written means. Member’s comments concerning the applicants shall be made by contacting members of the Governing Board.
4. After allowing ten (10) days for comments from the general membership, approval of the application shall require 2/3 favorable vote of the Governing Board.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the Governing Board to notify the applicant(s) the disposition of the application for membership in the Club.
Application for Membership
2023 LIYC Application for Membership – Click on link for an application.
Want to join the fun? Please send me information about LIYC membership.
Complete the form below and we’ll reach out to you with the proper forms to get started in the membership process