Hello Lopez Island Yacht Club Members.
I want to open the Commodores Corner by thanking everyone involved in a great opening day. Dusty and Michelle Forster, Sam and Adria Alhadeff, for coordinating the whole thing and cooking a couple of hundred smash burgers. Russ Johnson set up the sailboat race, Lane Langford the Vessel Safety Check, and Barbra Carver for getting our new member’s packages presented, and Indy for being my friend.
That is only some of the people involved in making it a great day. You will want to check out the event on the Web 2021 Opening Day Weekend Photos ~ Lopez Island Yacht Club.
- This year’s Flat point Clam Bake will not have any clams or be at Flat Point (-: We plan to have it June 6 at the Golf Club. We are still locking down details to come out soon in Part 2, but the general plan is to start sometime around 3 or 4 pm with food provided by El Taco bout it. Cost and menu still to be determined. We will have a golf tournament, a Cornhole contest, and a Giant Jenga game contest. Specifics are coming soon.
- Rear Commodore Jan Wagner has sent out the South cruise details, but an Important note if you are going to Langely, you need to get your boat information and dates to Jan email@example.com. The marina is requesting Jan to gather the information and work with the boat assignments. Meanwhile, you can study the intended cruise itinerary on this post, “Goin South” ~ 2021 Summer Cruise Itinerary.
- For the 4th of July, I understand that there is going to be Fireworks. I have an excellent site for viewing, so I plan to put something together for the Fireworks at my House. I also have a mooring that people could raft up to if they are interested.
- In addition to the South Cruise, we are looking at a mid-week boat trip to a close spot to gather in July.
- The Commodores Cruise to Sidney has been canceled; plan B will most likely be in September location to be determined.
In closing, stay tuned. I will try and get specifics out soon, just waiting for some callbacks to finalize the details. Sorry for the incomplete data, but I thought it was essential to get our intentions out. As always, looking for new ideas, so please send them my way.
~ John Zaborsky
Commodore John Zaborsky