We sent an email out yesterday to everyone that we had listed attending the North Cruise. If you didn’t receive the email, please contact us so we can include you on future correspondences.
We will be putting a list together of all the ports and attendees so everyone will have an idea of who will be where and when. Hopefully we will have folks that will want to travel together, especially when we cross the Strait of Georgia.
Here is our final itinerary and port contact information:
- July 10th Sidney. Reservations online. www.portsidney.com, select reservations, fill out online form, in message field say “part of Lopez Island Yacht Club group” and submit.
- July 11th Montague Harbor. Call Amber on Saturday’s between 10 am and 2 pm 250-539-5733
- July 12th Silva Bay, Page’s Resort, contact Paula at 250-247-8931. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 13th Pender Harbour, John Henry’s Marina. email@example.com
- July 14th Westview Harbour (no reservations), if full we would head to Lund (no reservations)
- July 15th – 17th Grace Harbor area Desolation Sound (on hook)
- July 18th – 20th Squirrel Cove on hook, or, Refuge Cove at Marina (no reservations)
- July 21st -22nd Melanie Cove on hook
- July 23rd – 24th Gorge Harbor, email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 25th, left open for decision to return home or further adventures. Weather dependent. It has been recommended that we leave the return trip open due to weather restrictions and personal desires. We will have a Captains meeting at Gorge Harbour to determine return trip.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE LOPEZ ISLAND YACHT CLUB WHEN MAKING RESERVATIONS OR PULLING INTO PORT.
*If you are interested in hosting at Montague, Page’s, or the Gorge, let us know.
Bring your passports and Nexus cards.
Download app on your phone and/or computer; Canadian Border Entry ARRIVECAN, and enter your travel dates 72 hours before departing U.S.
Purchase US Customs & Border Protection decal for vessels over 30 feet.
Purchase tide & currents book for Desolation Sound.
Download app: mobile passport control for US Border Customs.
Looking forward to our great northern adventure. Your Joint Cruise Directors,
Pete and Bj Christensen
The Desolation Sound contingent is off the schedule and in Pendrell Sound w/ 70 degree water, 85+ air temp. Corbeau, Skye, Lagertha, Kindred Spirit, Caribe. Great happy hours and cruising memories. Wish you all were here. Joe and Elayne
Joe and Elayne, thank you for the continuous updates with the photos! Wish we were there to experience all of it with you all.
I love all the pictures our members have sent in to me, so grateful to all of you…and the pictures of Jamie & Owen are so precious…we need more kids in our club! Well done Desolation Cruise members! 👏